Gynecomastia (male breast enlargement) is a relatively common condition that is seen in young males. The condition is characterized by the presence of rubber – like firm tissue beneath the nipples, and at times excess skin and fat in the breasts, giving them an enlarged appearance mimicking a female breast.
Social Embarrassment is the common problem silently suffered by majority of patients, Inability to wear a T-Shirt or snug clothes, Outdoor activities, or a Swim, the lack of confidence is even seen in the posture. Gynecomastia can lead to a severe lack of self-esteem, and in some cases depression and psychological problems.
Commonest cause of Gynecomastia is Adolescent Gynecomastia which is an alteration of a normal process due to hormonal changes associated with puberty.
Other causes are Drugs (Medications), Systemic Illness – Liver diseases, Hormone Disorders, Obesity, Steroids, Herbal Supplements.
Clinically there are 7 stages depending on the size and extent, and treatment varies according to the stages,
Adolescence Gynecomastia (associated with puberty) normally resolves by 16 years of age, if it persists, then treatment should be sought. Generally glands with size greater than 4 cms do not resolve spontaneously.
TREATMENT OF GYNECOMASTIA
We have a completely different approach towards the treatment of Gynecomastia. The reason behind a person seeking treatment for Gynecomastia is his inability to remove his shirt in public or in front of someone else. Our point of view is after the procedure one should be able to do it without a care.
We will explain the various treatments done and the problems associated with it.
- This is done by putting an incision under the breast
- Leaves an ugly ‘smiley’ scar under both breasts,
- It is an invasive procedure, painful and requires longer time to recover
- Excess loose skin is not addressed, so in advanced cases does very little in altering the shape of the chest
REDUCTION MAMMOPLASTY - Weber Incision
- Very good treatment modality in early cases,
- Small incision in the lower half of the areola, scar is inconspicuous in the majority, however THERE IS ALWAYS A SCAR
- Large glands, the results are suboptimal
- Loose skin is not addressed
- Skin Tightening procedure like Donut technique leaves a large circumareolar scar
- Gland is never completely removed
- Excess skin in advanced cases can mimic gynecomastia (pseudogynecomastia)
TRI LIPO - THE TLC ADVANTAGE
Every problem is different. Some people have more gland, some excess of fat along with it and few have excess of skin. We address not just the gynecomastia alone. Our aim is to reshape your chest to make it a masculine one.
We combine 3 cutting edge technologies to give you the best result
Vaser Lipo – Ultrasound assisted Lipo for precise contouring
Microaire PAL – Ensures complete removal of the gland
Thermi RF – Tightens the skin to flatten your chest
- Scarless – there is absolutely NO SCAR on your chest, Half a cm scar in your armpit that is hardly visible
- High Definition and Precision body contouring
- Fast recovery
- Minimal Pain or Discomfort