A Body Lift is a combination of various Lift procedures of individual areas of the body like a butt lift, thigh lift, and tummy tuck. It is performed to address the loosening or sagging of skin after massive weight loss. The procedure involves removal of excessive loose skin from the different areas of the body to give it an improved contour.
What all areas will be covered in Body Lift?
As the name itself says, Body Lift will cover whole body to improve its imbalanced contour. But more specifically, following areas are considered to be the main parts for a Body Lift:
- Whole of the abdomen including sides and back
- Low, flat or unevenly shaped buttocks
- Sagging groin
- Inner and outer thigh
Who is an Ideal candidate for Body Lift?
Any individual with following problems in his body shape can benefit from Body Lift:
- Stretched and saggy skin over any part of the body
- Extra skin in any body part
- Drooping or sagging body parts
Poor tissue elasticity due to any of the following:
- Sun damage
- Significant weight fluctuations
- Family history
- Individual who is close to their desired or ideal body weight
What will a Body lift do to my body?
Body lift is a procedure that involves shaping of different parts of the body. It will:
- Remove the excess or sagging skin
- Tighten the body
- Improve the shape and tone of the various parts of the body that were loose or sagging
- Smoothens and contours various unevenly shaped body areas
- Improve a dimpled, irregular skin surface (cellulite)
- Giving firmer and more youthful-looking appearance to the body
- Improving the overall proportionate of the body image
What a body lift won’t do?
As with other Lift procedures, a body lift is also not meant to remove the excessive fat from any body part. In cases where there is excessive fatty tissue, Liposuction is the ideal procedure that can be followed by Body Lift for improved body contour. Additionally, Body Lift is the choice of procedure in cases of poor skin elasticity that has resulted in sagging of skin over various body parts.